PE and Sport Premium
Primary PE and Sport Premium Grant
Sports Premium Funding.
Following Team GBs success at the London 2012 Olympics, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision. The funding started on 1 September 2013. This funding is ring fenced to be used for sport specific areas to make an impact in Physical Education and Sport in schools.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Previously at Thomas Eaton we have used the funding to:
- Enter into a contract with the Witchford Schools’ Partnership (WSP) to access their sport support programme. This is a package combining good elements of training, for both staff and children, and allowing us access to competitions both within the cluster and more widely in Cambridgeshire.
- Resurface the playground. A new flat smooth surface used by all pupils for outdoor PE sessions. Markings added for a netball court.
- Employ specialist coaching for lunchtime activities. This will train playground leaders to run a series of future playground games with all pupils.
- Subscription to 5-a-day TV – a fun fitness resource for primary schools.
- Purchase new P.E. equipment to develop and improve the resourcing of Physical Education lessons within school and for after school clubs. This will enable pupils to use suitable resources to improve their techniques and skills in a variety of ways.
- Offer Bikeability training to all year 6 pupils. Children are aware of safety for riding their bikes and are more aware of the risks they take and understand road safety. The children are trained in how to look after their bikes.
- Carry out various other activities and events (please refer to the link below for more information)